Conference Book and the Handbook
i. The proceedings to be submitted to the Symposium will be included in the Conference Book along with a projection of being published as a chapter in an edited book, ‘A Handbook of Islamic Economics for the 21st Century’.
The Handbook editors will be Prof. M.A. Mannan,…
ii. The participants are required to submit an abstract of no more than 250 words. Full texts should be 8 to 15 pages. All submissions will undergo a rigorous review process. The submissions should not be under consideration for publication or previously published elsewhere.
- The base font should be set to Times New Roman in a 12-point size. The title should be printed in capital and bold letters, and should be centered.
- The author(s) and affiliation(s) should be flush right, single-spaced, and typed beginning on the second line below the title Use 12- point type. The titles such as “Dr.” or “Professor.”, the institution’s name and country, and the e –mail address will be written respectively in the footnote. Additional authors and affiliations should be stacked under the first with no space between.
- All papers begin with an abstract of 300 words or less. The abstract should be single-spaced. Type size should be 10 point.
- Type size of the tables, footnotes should be 10 points. The letters and the graphics and the tables should be non-coloured.
- You must use Microsoft Word 6.0 or higher (PC version) and the text should be full justified. Margins of the A 4 paper should be set at 1,25 cm top and bottom, and 2,5 cm right and left.
- Single space the body of the paper and between paragraphs.
- Citations in the text should list the author’s last name, comma, and publication date, and the page number, all enclosed by parentheses, i.e., (Yilmaz-Dogan, 2008: 123).
- The first letters of the headings should be in capital letters and the headings should be in boldface. They should be numbered as 1, 1.1., 1.2.1., and so on.
- Tables and graphics should appear within the body of the paper and should be numbered consecutively. The figure or table number and description should appear left-justified in boldface 10-point type at the top. The resource of the table and figure should appear at the bottom in boldface 10-point type.
- Appendices, if used, original documents, maps, pictures etc… should be numbered and follow the references. The word “Appendix” should be at the top of each appendix as a first-level heading. If there is more than one appendix, number each consecutively. The pictures in high solution should be copied to the CD.
- The references should be written following the text in alphabetical order.